1. Regularly Re-Tweet other Etsy sellers tweets
2. Un-follow anyone who hasn't followed you back within a week
3. Follow 50 new people per week
4. Find your target customers by finding someone else who sells what you sell and follow all of their followers. i.e.: If you sell pet products, go to @petco or @petsmart and follow all of their followers
5. Always respond to your @replies and Direct Messages
6. Don't only tweet about your Etsy shop-engage in conversations with others too
7. Don't attack people for what you perceive to be spam, that's tacky. Just un-follow anyone who is spamming you
8. Don't talk about politics or religion if you use Twitter for your business. You might alienate a potential customer
9. Don't send automated Direct Messages. I have about 1000 ADM's that all say the same thing. No one likes it and it doesn't work.
10. Click on other Etsy seller's tweeted links and comment on the items or blogs they are promoting.
11. Bring up a favorite TV show, book, or event and ask who else is a fan. I've met some really cool people this way!
12. Promote someone else's shop. Include their twitter name in the tweet so they know you tweeted them. It's always a nice surprise!
13. Participate in #Follow Friday and #WoofWednesday
14. Use those "share" buttons on people's blogs to share their posts on Twitter
15. Don't offer to help people get "15,000 new followers in a week". Seriously.....
16. Don't take "what are you doing" so literally all the time.
17. Look for people asking for help and offer to help them
18. Tweet all your new blog posts and Etsy items at least once
19. Behave like a business person. Don't be crude or offensive or use tweets to rant about a personal problem if you are promoting your business.
20. Just be a decent human being and treat others as you would like to be treated...it's the golden rule after all!